As parent of a group of businesses focussed on delivering alternative financial support to SMEs, the City of London Group provides commercial property loans, debt finance, equity release and a range of financial services to the smaller businesses, retailers and the business deposits market.
Following a review of the future aspirations of the Group and its subsidiaries, it was decided to refocus the brand and to support the strategic direction of the parent and accommodate the future launch of a challenger bank.
To achieve the desired positioning, the business required an identity and positioning for the parent. From this point its challenger bank subsidiary required a name, identity and proposition. In addition, a strategic marketing plan required creating and integrating into the regulated business plan, supporting with the banking application process. A result of successful delivery, the annual accounts, a PR brief to raise profile, alongside support on culture and employment, were also supported.
How we helped:
- We “got it” – our ability to assimilate the needs of the organisation right from the start, and convert the insight gained into business understanding, enabled us to deliver effective and relevant main and subsidiary brand development and roll out
- We were “hungry” – contributing to the internal thought processes, producing creative options, devising names and sharing the thoughts behind brand evolution
- We “earned our stripes” – working with Konductor generated such confidence in its depth and range of abilities, that the Group’s management decided to extend the original marketing and branding remit by adding PR into the brief
- We “went the extra mile” – not only by delivering above and beyond what was requested, we also supported the cultural development required for the banking license application and mentored a key member of the management team
- We made a difference – “feedback on the new name and branding treatments has been very positive”
“Konductor’s work has been real quality”, and “the individuals with whom I have been involved have been easy to work with” showing “versatility, experience and great strength in their understanding of branding and design”. Benjamin Peters, Director of Growth and Investor Relations